The cause of the bulging of the battery
1. Blockage of aerated hole
If the aeration holes on the battery cover are blocked or unblocked, the gas will gradually accumulate when the charging time is too long or the charge voltage is too high, which will lead to the increasing pressure in the battery shell and eventually lead to the expansion of the battery.
2. The charging time is too long
As mentioned above, when the battery charging current is too large or the charging time is too long, a lot of gas will be generated. In addition, excessive current or charging time will also lead to rapid increase in the temperature of the electrolyte, which is also easy to lead to battery inflation.
3. The battery plate is vulcanized
If the battery's plate is vulcanized, the single cell voltage and the electrolyte temperature will rise rapidly during the charging process. The bubble is produced earlier and the reaction is violent. This time it is easy to cause the battery to rise.
4. The welding of the pole ears and poles of the battery pole with the bus bar is not strong enough.
When the pole and pole of the battery plate and the pole column and the discharge line are not soldering firmly, if the current discharge is large, the welding place will cause fire and ablative phenomena due to the fine contact point or bad contact, which will spark and ignite the hydrogen and oxygen mixed gas produced by the battery, resulting in the explosion of the battery.
5. The viscosity of the electrolyte is too large
If the viscosity of the electrolyte is very large, it will easily lead to the slow velocity of infiltration into the pore of the plate and the increase of internal resistance, so the voltage drop consumed in the internal resistance in the discharge is also increased. This will cause the temperature of the electrolyte to rise rapidly, and produce a large number of gases, so that the gas pressure inside the battery increases, leading to the bulge of the battery.
6. The amount of electrolyte is too little
It is well known that the use of batteries after a period of time will lead to the reduction of electrolyte, at this time the need to add electrolyte or distilled water. When the electrolyte is reduced, charging and overcharging will lead to battery bulging and even explosion.
7, the damage of the charger
When the charger is damaged or the generator on the engine is damaged, its current or voltage may be too large and small, which can easily lead to a severe reaction in the battery, resulting in a large amount of gas, which will lead to a rise in the battery.
How to prevent the bulging of the battery
1, control the voltage and current. As mentioned above, excessive voltage or current can easily lead to battery bulging, so voltage and current must be controlled well.
2, try to control the charging time and avoid charging too long to prevent overcharging.
3, choose a better charger, once the problem is found, timely maintenance or replacement, to avoid causing batteries to bulge.
4. In the process of charging, to ensure that the junction firmly, because the loose junction will produce sparks, which caused potential dangers for battery bulging.
5, the air vent is guaranteed to be unblocked in time. In normal maintenance, clean up the impurities around the battery in time.
6, check in advance whether the battery shell has cracks, electrolyte leakage. Because once the electrolyte leaks, it may penetrate into the cable or circuit, resulting in electrical connection and spark.
7. Eliminate internal short circuit and electrode plate vulcanization in time. Short circuit inside the battery will produce sparks, which will detonate the mixture of hydrogen and oxygen, and electrode plate vulcanization will cause a large number of gases inside the battery. Therefore, usually should check whether the battery internal short circuit, whether there is sulfidation.
8, it is forbidden to use metal objects such as cables on the positive and negative poles of the battery, so as to cause the air heavy hydrogen and oxygen gas to explode, and the serious people will even harm the safety of the human body.
9, when the electric equipment is overhauled, the flammable gas inside the battery should be removed first, because when the electric equipment is overhauled, it is unavoidable to produce sparks or lead to the larger current of the battery, which is also a major safety hazard.
10. Check the amount and density of the electrolyte in time. This will largely protect the battery and prevent the battery from bulging.
Three reasons for the explosion
1. The overpressure of the battery causes the explosion of the battery shell
The working principle of lead-acid battery knows that during the charging process of the battery, especially at the end of the charge, the water is decomposed into hydrogen and oxygen due to overcharge at the end of the charge. The short circuit, serious vulcanization and the sharp rise in the electrolyte temperature will make the water vaporized, when the aeration hole is blocked by the fluid cover, because the gas is too much. And spillover, the internal pressure of the battery will rise very high, causing the storage tank to deform first. When the pressure reaches a certain pressure, it will burst from the joint of the battery tank cover or other weak places. This is a physical process. When the internal pressure of the battery is higher than 0.25 MPa, the battery bursts, and the bursting position is located at the junction of hot air of the tank cover or the corner of stress concentration.
2, the explosion of hydrogen storage battery
The explosion limit of the mixture of H2 and O2 is 4% - 96% of the volume of the mixture gas, and the explosion limit of the mixture gas of H2 and air is 4% - 74% of the volume of the mixture gas. If 80% of the excess charge is used for electrolysis water, the content of H2 inside the battery is greater than the explosion range. When the hydrogen content in the battery or air accumulates to the limit of the explosion, the explosion will be formed when the fire is encountered. This is a chemical reaction.
It is found that the explosion of battery is a branched chain explosion. Too many of these explosions occur in the case of overcharge, if the battery internal pole, through-the-wall welding and other places exist virtual solder joints, the battery explosion probability is higher. A qualified battery will not generate self heating and explosive reaction under normal service conditions.
3. Because the exhaust hole of the battery is blocked, the battery first bursts, which causes the battery to vibrate, and the pole connection is not strong enough to produce sparks, thus forming an explosion.
Method of preventing battery explosion
1, control the amount of charge, but charge to reduce the amount of gas emissions. There is no clear fire in the charging room, and the ventilation is kept.
2, charging, the wiring point must be reliable, not because of loose spark.
3, the use of low pressure constant pressure charge, less gas volume.
4, prevent battery shell cracks, electrolyte penetration.
5, keep the battery cover dry and clean.
6. Check the vent holes of the battery plug regularly to keep the vent holes open.
7. Control the liquid level of the storage battery to ensure that the liquid level is within the prescribed limits and the electrolyte must not overflow.
8, the terminal connecting wire of the battery terminal should have a lower contact resistance and greater contact pressure, and a vaseline is applied at the junction to isolate it from the external environment, to prevent the sparks from entering the battery and to ignite the combustible gas.
In the ordinary use of the battery, as long as the battery is often checked, the problem is found in time and the problem is eliminated in time. The phenomenon of battery bulging is not so easy to appear. Therefore, in daily maintenance, we must remember to check the battery!
- Solar Cell Science Popular Series -...
- P-type Semiconductor Formation
- Monocrystalline Silicon Preparation...
- Photovoltaic Operation Does Not Mea...
- The New Format Under Big Data
- Battery Production Bottlenecks Shou...
- All Major Aspects Of A Comprehensiv...
- In 2020, We Will Effectively Solve ...
- In 2020, The On-grid Electricity Pr...
- Global Solar Market In 2016
- How To Install And Use The Car Refr...
- A Brief Analysis Of The Frontiers O...
- Power Storage System ≠ Battery ：4 M...
- Energy Storage Has Become A Necessi...
- A Brief Description Of The Working ...
- Ten Major Trends In The Market Rule...
- The Situation Of Solar Energy Marke...
- How To Use The Car Refrigerator? Wh...
- EU Launched The Largest Solar Power...
- Car Refrigerator Market Is Very Dee...