Lithium batteries are ubiquitous in life. From mobile phones and cameras to electric bicycles and electric vehicles, there are lithium batteries. In the past few years, lithium battery technology and structural structure have evolved and evolved. Both safety and cost have been significantly improved. Lithium battery UPS has gradually begun to be accepted and favored by customers.
1. The effects of lithium battery on UPS
Many UPS power systems are still using traditional lead-acid batteries, and their performance has barely changed much over the decades. In addition to data center industry applications, new energy storage technologies for smart phones and electric vehicles have been researched, so lithium battery UPS will adopt this better energy storage technology.
2. Lithium batteries replace lead-acid batteries is inevitable
Lithium batteries can be said to be comprehensive in comparison with the technology of lead-acid batteries, and the main obstacle to large-scale popularization is cost. At present, the procurement cost of lithium batteries is about twice that of lead-acid batteries, which is the main reason that hinders the widespread use of lithium batteries in the data center field. In fact, considering that lead-acid batteries require the purchase of BMS, and the long-life design of the lithium battery pack can greatly reduce the cost and maintenance cost of replacing the battery, the lithium battery pack has certain advantages on the TCO. From the perspective of long-term use, lithium battery UPS can save 10% or more. With the further popularization of lithium batteries, the cost will continue to decline in the future, and the final replacement of lead-acid batteries by lithium batteries is inevitable.
Over the years, the safety of lithium battery packs has made great progress. The changes in chemical materials and packaging have made the properties of lithium batteries more stable, the production process and process are mature and reliable, and the materials used are more durable, using battery management solutions. Test and field verification to prevent overcharging or overheating of the lithium battery. Today, hundreds of millions of portable electronic products, such as smart phones and electric vehicles, use lithium batteries in large quantities, which proves the safety of lithium batteries.
3. The advantages of lithium UPS compared with traditional lead-acid batteries:
1) Smaller size: Compared with lead-acid batteries, the space is only one-third of the latter when the same power is supplied. Help customers increase the deployment scale of existing IT systems while reducing cooling requirements, saving investment costs and operating costs.
2) Longer life: The average working life is 10 to 15 years, while lead-acid batteries last only 4 to 6 years. The longer shelf life effectively reduces the cost and maintenance burden of battery replacement.
3) Battery Management System (BMS) management: The microprocessor, sensors, switches and related circuits automatically collect and report the required data to accurately understand the health of the battery system and further reduce the maintenance burden on the staff. The system also helps protect the battery from damage and prevents voltages from being too low or discharged. The BMS system provides users with accurate information on UPS and battery status, health status and effective runtime.
4) High and low temperature adaptability, can be used in the environment of -20°C -60°C, after the process treatment, can be used in -45°C environment.
5) Green and environmental protection, no matter whether it is produced, used or scrapped, it does not contain any toxic and harmful heavy metal elements and substances such as lead, mercury and cadmium.
6) No memory effect, regardless of the state of the lithium iron phosphate battery, can be used with the need, no need to put the first fully recharged.
Related Industry Knowledge
- CSP is a viable option to make up f...
- Thermal storage CSP systems are cru...
- Introduction of portable refrigerator
- Portable refrigerator principle
- Precautions for use in portable ref...
- Fluorine-free refrigerator need to ...
- What is the use of outdoor mini ref...
- Folding solar charger
- Types of photovoltaic panels
- Household photovoltaic how to make ...
- Advantages of lithium battery pack ...
- Portable folding solar charger: eff...
- How to buy a car refrigerator
- Introduction of solar power system
- What is a portable power supply?
- What is the technology of solar ref...